Registered IT Professional
Code of Ethics and Conduct for Registered IT Professionals (RI):
- The RI must be always recognizable.
- The RI needs to be aware of the results of his actions to the community in general.
- The RI will act in the best interest of his client.
- The RI has a continuous focus on providing or achieving quality services, contributions or result.
- The RI will use all data or information obtained in the course of the contract confidentially and use it only for the purpose for which it was intended.
- The RI should act under a contract in a way that his conduct is continuously testable as such.
- The RI should act in such a way that it should not harm the reputation of his profession and or his professional colleagues.
- The RI should not work towards the creation of information systems or an application with a preconceived intentions or that what might harm the public interest or is in conflict with the law.
- The RI should be aware of the limits of his knowledge and skills in the performance of his profession.
- The RI should seek continuous education to maintain development in the field where he considers himself as an expert.